In Gay parades, men and women celebrate their sexuality by swarming the streets of a city, wanting to be known and accepted by their neighbors for their choice and lifestyle. But how does Pinoy pride have any difference and what are they proud of other than their race? Could it be the culture? But the culture has little to nothing left of real native Filipino tradition and is heavily influenced by the Spanish! So if they embraced the Spanish religion, tradition, culture, than couldn’t we say they accepted and embraced the rape, manipulation, control and colonization of the Spaniards? If we compare to other races and cultures we can see some noticeable differences.
Do Native Indian’s embrace the white man’s culture and celebrate their religion and traditions? Did they banish Native culture to embrace the British way of life? No, they still carry on their traditions and native culture, separating themselves from their oppressors.
When the African Americans were slaves, did they celebrate white man’s culture? Did they adopt their traditions? NO, they created groups such as black panthers and had leaders such as Malcolm X who identified the oppression and stood up against it, representing black pride, and fighting against the oppressors.
If you look at Chinese and Japanese they have carried on their native tradition for centuries with little influence from opposing countries. They have stood very strong with their cultures. So with these examples in mind, what is the significance of Pinoy Pride that seems to be nonexistent?
When gays go out to show pride for their sexuality, they want to be heard and accepted and integrate in society. Is there much difference with Pinoy Pride? Wanting acceptance, admiration and open arms to their “culture”? What is their current culture though? Does it deserve admiration and respect? That question lingers with very little, plausible answers. But what seems to be prevalent in the Philippines, doesn’t exhibit something to be proud of, at all.
- The government is corrupt and has systematically destroyed any positive prospects for the country, dipping into the Philippines pork barrel, burning through all their resources.
- The Philippines is 3rd world, poverty stricken.
- Jobs are scarce, and if one gets a job they are subjected to low wages, long hours, no overtime and live pay check to pay check with very little progression.
- Men (including husbands) are dishonest cheaters who use women, impregnate them and leave them high and dry to take care of the children.
- Women are irresponsible, having dozens of babies and not taking a stand against cheating men. (Manila being the busiest maternity ward in the world).
- Filipino parents are breeding children they CAN NOT AFFORD and creating a “culture” of subtle exploitation of their children, using them as nothing more than ATM machines when they find a job abroad. Parents currently have a self-entitlement, wanting rewards for breeding! “I gave you life, you owe me!” attitude.
- Filipino’s are spontaneous, lacking future planning, not learning from past mistakes and blaming others for it.
- Filipino’s possess this power to disassociate themselves from any personal fault. Admitting ones mistakes and accepting constructive criticism which could benefit them, is instead, completely ignored or ridiculed, choosing ignorance over rational thinking and reasoning.
- Their average IQ is 86 which is sitting around the lowest in Asia and doesn’t seem to be improving.
- Their food isn’t well recognized or received by other countries as is other Asian foods (Japanese, Chinese, and East Indian etc.)
- Money handling is very poor. Saving money does not seem to be a high priority. If there is money, they make sure to spend it, killing any opportunity to invest and improve their situation.
- Family values are poor. They cheat each other for money, beg and use their children as money machines, push and disrespect one another to be on the pedestal of high status and popularity and seem to worship this over everything else.
- Business sense is poor. Chinese dominate their country for business because they know how to handle money, save it, and invest it. They future plan and learn from the past. Unfortunately these traits do not exist for many Pinoys.
- Primitive superstitions are rampant and idiotic with no scientific base whatsoever but yet still believed!
The list could go on and on. Most of us get the picture but yet we scratch our heads wondering what created this movement. Shouldn’t there be a Pinoy panther party instead, fighting against the oppressors? Shouldn’t there be leaders politically speaking against the corruption? It’s as though they openly accept corruption and celebrate it, wanting praise and admiration. How absurd can it get? Where is the courage, intelligence, political views, free speech, critical thinking, good business handling, fighting for freedom, fighting poverty, and celebrating some of the native Filipino tradition?
What is obvious is that there’s a deep down insecurity and desperate cry to be accepted without merit.Published in