Someone may have already paraphrased the general idiocy of fast-food joints in Philippines, but I’m here to fully tackle this issue in detail since I have been dealing with this a lot lately. I’m sure most of you can relate.
1. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LINE???!!! – Have you ever entered a Jollibee or McDonalds and ready to order, then the first thing you see is a gaggle-fuck crowed of Filipinos bunched up at the cash register? I never know where to stand, do I line up in front of the cash register, or beside it? Sometimes the line even shifts to the point where you somehow lose your place in line. Or sometimes you are in the middle of a line, a new register opens up and the people behind you are first again. Sometimes I am standing behind a few customers who are picking up there food, when you intended to stand in the ‘ORDERING’ line.
2. THE MOST USELESS JOB OF ALL TIME! OK, you are in line, and you already know what you want to order, then some jackass comes to you with a piece of paper asking you what you want to order. I always tell them to fuck off every time, but what is the point of placing your order two times? Plus, the more people you have to place your order through, the more chances you have of getting your order fucked up. Those little order slips don’t always clarify the specifics of your order; like if you want Sprite instead of Coke, burger toppings, spicy or mild, or flavor of ice cream you want, so you end up having to re-verify your order anyway! Bad enough the cashier always fucks up my order when I place my order directly to them verbally, going through a third party will just fuck it up even more. They don’t speed up the ordering process and you are still waiting in the same line. I’ve seen times where they would approach a customer who was next and ready to order at the cashier, so everything they are saying to the idiot order taker could’ve been said to the cashier instead, just taking up more time! So why do we need them again except for increasing employment opportunities?
3. FOR DINE-IN!!!!! When I order food, especially for take out, I don’t always just order for myself, sometimes I order for the group I am with. I find it extremely rude when I am placing an order, I start off by saying what I want, then I get rudely interrupted with “For Dine-In?!” Then I end up losing my trend of thought before continuing on with what everyone else wanted. Sometimes they forget the first thing I order, so I end up repeating the first order to them again, especially if it had specifics (example: no cheese, or extra rice). Isn’t there some type of protocol where they can ask you ‘Dine-in’ or ‘Take-out’ before or after the entire order, instead of rudely interrupting you in the middle of your order? At least in America they do it the right way, but this place gotta get their shit straight. There have been times where my after they interrupted me with ‘Dine-in/Take-out’, computed my subtotal, and mistakenly completed my order when I had more to order for the group I am with (who are usually holding a table for us).
4. TAKE YOUR SEAT AND WAIT 10 SECONDS! Have you ever taken your order, and you were just waiting for one one more food item to complete your order, then you are directed to take a number and sit down? This is not serious in most conditions, but there have been several times where I am just waiting for fries, or something that doesn’t take much waiting, they give me a number and order me to take a seat, then 3 minutes later they come to me with my fries (fries is just an example), but out of those 3 minutes, the fries were ready in 30 seconds, and they spent the other 2 and a half minutes looking for me, there has been a time where one gave up looking for me because I was seated upstairs, so I had to personally come downstairs to inquire about my missing order. Lately, I just request to wait at the counter until my food is complete, even if they give me a number. Last week at Jollibee (this actually happened), I ordered Beef Tapa and Pancakes for breakfast, the pancakes weren’t ready yet, so they gave me a number and asked that I sit down and wait. As usual, I declined to leave the counter since they may forget about me, and there wasn’t anywhere to sit (I will cover that in number 5). Then guess fuckin what? In less than 10 seconds, they came out with my pancakes? I bet it would’ve taken longer if i sat down, and trust them to find me before my food gets cold. Waiting 10 more seconds at the counter doesn’t hurt me 🙂
5. TABLE-TRASH! We can all guess what this is about. There are times when I can’t find a place to sit because it is lazy piece of shit Filipino’s tradition to not throw their own trash away at fast food restaurants, or in any restaurant in a matter of fact…. There has been times where I couldn’t find place to sit because half the tables were occupied by existing customers, and the other half were occupied by previous customer’s platter of garbage and leftovers. I don’t like this practice, but I have been somewhat conformed to it due to the many times I’ve been looked at weird for dumping my own trash, and from times where I have been instructed by an employee to not worry about it, and that they will take care of it. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don’t. But during slow hours in the morning, most tables at my local Jollibee are flooded with trash, that is probably the only acceptation where I do take-out instead of dine-in.
As you can all see, from the moment I enter a fast-food joint, from the time I exit it is a complete nuisance from start to finish. I just wanted to break it all down and put it in words this time to see what you all thought, and if any of you have personally experienced this yourself as well. If I were to break down everything I hate about shopping at the malls here, it would require writing a whole Perry-book, and I don’t have the time for that….. LOLPublished in