So I got a job offer in Dubai three years ago. I was kind of excited at first of the idea to live alone on a new country, with a very different cultural view. Ya know, the typical ‘goosebumps’ most traveler / expats get when they decide to move to another place. Anyway, little did I know that almost half of the population in Dubai are Filipinos. What’s worse is that these filipinos living in UAE are mostly the class D type citizens, the low breeds, uneducated, and the stupid ones. Possibly 90% of them are imbeciles.
The Typical Filipino Attitude
- They will stare at you like there’s no tomorrow. On my first day of work in Dubai, I was greeted by the flips with their awkward smiles and awful stares. They’ll stare at you all day. I was the only white chic with blonde hair in the office. They would observe how you eat, how you walk, how you drink coffee, it’s insane! They would also check what clothes & bags you’re wearing, and judge you off of that right off the bat. I was wearing my simple Top Shop dress and my MK bag which my mum gave me last christmas.. so I made lots of friends on my first day, cause they all think I’m classy.
- The Nasty Gossips. What I hate most about filipinos, is that they love to overly gossip, even the tiniest detail they know about you, they’d make it as if it’s such a big thing. When my filipino co-workers learned that I am half filipino (my father’ is filipino), they create stories about you out of envy. Whenever I go out with my non-filipino friends it would always seem to be a big issue at the office. Just because I hang out with foreigners doesn’t make me “wild”.
- Social Climbers. The fact that they can never reach a social level in their lives, they make up stories to make them feel superior. When a filipina heard me talking on the phone in Spanish, she immediately asked who I was talking to. I told her i was talking to my mum from Madrid. So then she came up with a story about her grandfather’s father’s father who’s also a spanish citizen blah blah blah, and another made up story about how she worked in japan before as a “business woman” (lol) and how she leaned to speak in japanese language. When I asked her to say something in japanese, all she could say was “Arigato”. lol
- The “brand tags”. What’s really funny about these flips is that they love to show off their new stuff in social media. The most hilarious posts I get in my news feeds are their new nike shoes (which obviously was bought off a 50% sale in Dubai Mall), their annoying Forever21 yellow plastic bags with tags like “Rest Day is Shopping Day” I have no clue why they go crazy over Forever21 which is btw ONE OF THE CHEAPEST STORES YOU CAN SHOP IN DUBAI!!! HAHA, the food they eat, any food, even if it’s just a piece of shawarma they’ll instagram the shit out of it. Like damn cuz, if it aint a five star plated meal then it aint worth a fck!
- Will take clothes off for MONEY! Now, I’m not even kidding. I was in this mall looking for a pair of jeans when I overheard this one filipino talking on the phone to some arab (I guess). This was their conversation.
Filipina1: Hi, how are you Farooq. I’m here in H&M, where are you?
Arab: Who is this? (Yes, believe it or not,the phone was on loud speaker)
Filipina1: I’m Maridet you see me before in bar, Club7.
Filipina2: (whispering) papuntahin mo dito… para my libre tayo (ask him to come here, so we’ll have someone to pay for our expenses)
Filipina1: You come here? I am wid friend, you will treat us?
Arab: Habibi, I am on my way to prayer (prob on his way to the mosque)
Filipina1: After prayer, you come here? we’re very hungry… there is sale in H&M, we will wait por u!
Another story: (@ A BATHROOM IN A PUB)
Filipina1: Jigs, papuntahin mo dito yung nakilala mo ng isang linggo para my ma libre sa atin sa ka my sasakyan tayo pauwi (Ask that guy you met the other week to come here so we have someone to pay for our drinks and a ride home)
Filipina2: Ang pangit nun beh, baho ng titi (But he’s ugly and his ding dong smells bad)
Filipina1: Sige na jigs, kesa wala tayong pambayad dito, tiisin mo na ako bahala, wala naman si mister mo ditong nakabantay diba? (That’s alright, It’s better than having no one to pay for all the drinks we order… Don’t worry about your husband in the Phil, he won’t catch you)
- They are only your friends if they need something. When I got fired with my first job, I asked two of my old colleagues to print my resume using my old office’s printer. I was surprised to hear them say NO and one even violently, responded to my text msg saying. “Please do not include me to any of your future plans, I have no intention to get fired like you. You made terrible mistakes in your life by leaving the company and you are in so much bad luck I don’t want to be part of it. From now on, we are no longer friends.”
Five months after that, I was promoted in my second job. I find this person messaging me on Facebook asking if there are any hirings in my company. Guess what my reply is?
- PA-UTANG. There will always be this one person (or two) who has all the reasons in the world for you to lend him some money. His father’s sick, his mother’s sick, his entire family clan is sick. And when it’s payment time he’s out of sight, tries to avoid you and if by any chance you catch up with him, he’ll always give you the teary eyed drama how his father is still in ICU dying. It’s a classic! Any similar stories like this? I’d like to hear it.
- Carabao English. It’s a term how most low class filipinos tries so hard to speak in english with an accent. They try so hard to sound british or american when it obviously does not work out for them. I have no problem hearing a typical english-filipino accent, but just don’t try too hard to sound american, it’s just hilarious af.
- Everyone wants to go to GEORGIA. Now this one’s funny. Because, Georgia is the only country which has winter season & doesn’t require a visa for filipinos, almost all the flips I know in UAE aspires to go to Georgia. Why? Because of the snow, they go crazy ignorant with the sight of snow.
- CRAB MENTALITY. I don’t even have to explain this.
- FIND ME A HUSBAND. So my two year contract has ended and I was very much ready to leave Dubai & come back to the states and get married (prob start a family)…. and these filipinos wouldn’t stop messaging me to sponsor them a visa or at least get an invitation of my wedding so they can use it to apply for a US visa. Like wtf, see how stupid and needy these creatures are? Another thing that annoys me the most is them telling me to “go find me an american husband”. Do you seriously think Im some sort of pimp? Are you that ugly that you’re too lazy to find your own?
No offense, I have nice filipino acquiantances in UAE, and out of a hundred filipinos I meet everyday.. sadly I only know one that’s smart enough to understand my rant in this post. Thus, concluding that almost EVERY filipino in Dubai are the typical idiots.Published in