In a recent comment on PFB distinguished member FHPS has actually recognized (unknowingly) a fifth entry that belongs in Cluster B. I think it our civic duty to document and forward our findings to the APA.
FPD (Flip Personality Disorder)
Signs of FPD:
- Lacks empathy
- Does not recognize personal boundaries of others
- Blame Shift
- Sees Facebook as reality
- Blank stare
- Distorts facts
- Can not admit mistakes
- Provokes others then blames them for fights
- Acts on impulsive urges
- Reckless disregard for others
- Lacks remorse
- Accepts little or no responsibility for their actions
- Drama queens
- Sense of entitlement
- Status seeking
- Requires a lot of admiration from other people (See Facebook above)
- Intense and unstable emotions and moods
- Negative risk taking (No gain possible, high level of loss possible/probable)
- Sees things as black and white
- Denial, even when faced with incontrovertible facts
- Irresponsible with money
- Money (see sense of entitlement)
- Unusual animal cruelty seen as entertainment, enjoyable, even anticipated with sense of excitement.
- Tendency to deflect by telling target they are making them feel small if target should defend their boundaries.
- Religious impunity
Ok, I started the list, can you guys help complete it for submission to the APA? Also needed is a list of symptoms/feelings endured by those who are involved or have been involved with a person with FPD.
Symptoms of FPD Abuse/Exposure
Feeling you’re with an emotional vampire (because you are).
Feelings of being used (because you are).
Feelings of being driven insane (because you are).