This list of the most stupid things in Philippines can virtually go on forever. But it’s close to my bedtime, so I’ll just list my top 10 that I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoy.
- SM Mall security checks. The pseudo-frisk at the waist line and dip of their stick in your bag.
- PLDT, enough said.
- Water pressure
- Power lines and posts
- Customer service of any kind
- Honoring warranties (or rather, NOT)
- Filipino drivers, enough said again.
- Serving of food at restaurants: Main courses served before appetizers, asking to order dessert before you’ve even been served your main course, only 1 or 2 ice cubes in your beverage, or glass with ice and ice is half melted, dishes come out one at a time and randomly over the course of your stay instead of all at once like the rest of the world.
- Getting your Filipino employee to actually do the job he was hired to do.
- Traffic officers standing in the middle of a straight highway, not at any intersection, waving cars in the only possible direction they can possibly go anyway. But 200 meters away there’s an intersection that is all fucked up and uncontrolled.