I was reading the Reddit Philippines Group (I don’t recommend it. While there are some good posts it’s mostly PINOY PRIDE!!! and deluded expats) and I came across a very interesting post.
I made a chart of the people in that group who answered and how much they said it costed. Very enlightening, just when you think that the Philippines cannot get any worse.
Here’s what the Pinoys in that thread said:
|Username||Cost of vote (pesos)|
So the average cost of a vote here is the Philippines is around 400 pesos.
10 votes? 4000 pesos.
1,000 votes? 40,000 pesos.
So let’s put this in perspective. Most Filipinos are total dumbfuck idiots so they see this and they think “Wow! FREE MONEY, sign me up!!!!” without a second thought.
But let’s consider the cost of getting votes for the title of Mayor of Carcar City, Cebu in 2013.
Nicepuro Apura got 20,531 votes, Roberto Aleonar, Jr. got 15,976 votes.
This means it would have only cost Aleonar 2 million pesos for another 5000 votes bringing him to 20,976 votes, thereby winning the election. Let’s say that he already bought 5000 votes for 2 million pesos, and let’s say that Apura did too. So for Aleonar to win, all he would have had to do is spend 4 million pesos.
NOTE: Hey retard, yes you, who can’t read and who thinks everything in the world is “LIBEL!!!” I am not accusing either of these idiot politicians of stealing from the public, I am using their public election data as an EXAMPLE. I have no idea if either of them bought votes or stole from the public but to be honest they probably both did.
Now let me quote the ever-knowledgeable Johnny about how corrupt local politicians steal from the public.
1. A 100ft, 12ft wide road costs $100,000 to build.
2. The local mayor says it will actually cost $150,000
3. He gets his construction crony to build the road through a rigged bidding process. 2 fake bids and his construction crony is the 3rd who also happens to be the slightly lowest bid.
4. Immediately after the contract is signed the contract crony gives local mayor $75,000 kickback (3.5 million pesos) direct to his dummy account, which is like a brother, sister, cousin, fake company, or an office aide who then works out how to get it to corrupt mayor.
– Mayor then bribes each city councilor $1000 each to shut up and for their prior approval as well as the barangay captain who “makes sure the project is legitimate”.
5. construction crony then takes $25,000 off the top for himself.
6. Construction crony then purchases (on paper) top quality, lets say A materials. however, grade f materials are actually purchased with 1/3rd the remaining budget.
– Constuction crony has to make sure his company (on paper) is a legit business just in case. 1/3 materials, 1/3 labor/, and 1/3 profit.
7. construction crony and his materials supplier (who gives the proper invoice to show Grade A materials) then split up the difference.
– Not to mention double the amount of materials are bought, but only half are delivered. I have personally seen a 10ton truck delivering (on paper) 20 tons of gravel.
8. Construction crony now has shoddy materials and not enough to actually construct the road.
9. So a 45ft, 6ft wide road is actually constructed with no rebar and it is worse quality than a USA sidewalk.
– National gov’t auditor is bribed $1000 to say the road is the greatest quality, 1000ft, 12ft wide, and can withstand an atom bomb. He signs paperwork, signs off on the paperwork, and goes back to Manila.
10. Mayor and city council have no shame, guilt, conscience, or embarrassment. Mayor and council spend $5,000 (from another budget and get another kickback) of city money to print up those tarp signs, posters, flyers, etc with their pictures (taking up a large %) to show the people what a great job they are doing since they put in a road. Also, they make it seem mayor and council are the ones who personally paid for the road, you know, to show the people they care.
11. Mayor and city council then throw themselves a party as a self-congratulations (remember, no shame and no guilt). Party is thrown as a nice restaurant, banquet hall, or hotel owned by the mayor personally. City is charged for the party.
12. Filipinos are too stupid, uneducated, and/ or don’t care about the blatant corruption so no one says anything. Media is easily bribed or in the pocket of local mayor so they “thank” the mayor for a job well done and a nice road.
13. Road that was never supposed to crack or fall apart starts falling apart 3 years later. After 5 years, mayor announces plans to fix road. Hires his construction crony.
14. Cycle repeats itself. Mayor implements 25 worthless projects per year in his town, repairs 15 more (40 projects * 3.5 million pesos = 140 million pesos). Mayor lives in mansion, owns many local businesses, and has nice, expensive cars he cannot afford on his salary and it is blatantly obvious. Again, Filipinos are too lazy, corrupt, incompetent, uneducated to care or do anything about it.
15. If mayor ever gets in trouble, he just bribes the auditor, judge, prosecutor, or their version of FBI.
16. Mayor hides money in local businesses, the USA, Swiss accounts, dummy corporations, mistresses, relatives accounts, and many times loves to gamble in Manila casinos (even thought that is illegal too).
Welcome to the 3rd world @#$=hole that is the Philippines!! It’s more Fun here because,,,,,,,,,,, ? Yeah, I got nothing.
So let me get this straight…a 2 to 4 million peso investment for a return on his investment of over 100 million pesos per year! And if he loses he can run for multiple things, barangay captain, senator, representative, mayor…And the idiot electorate gladly takes it up the ass so they can buy some rice and Jollibee!!
As local idiots keep telling me…………………“THAT’S PINOY!”Published in